Lost digital files can be a pain if they are your files or it can be a nightmare if it was a client’s files that went missing.
Before you panic relax and breath.
I can recover many lost files from a variety of cards.
Prices starting at $20 – costs depend on card size, total images recovered and how corrupt the files are.
What can you do to help in recovering your files?
One thing that you can do LONG before you have a problem is practice good card hygiene. Download your files and format your card after each shoot or at least once a month. DON’T add other files or folders to your card. Don’t use your card to transport your files, download from your card and then load your files on a USB stick to take to friends or for printing. Finally get your images off your card as soon as you can.
If you do loose images…..
- When you notice that images are missing DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE CARD! Do not take more pictures, do not delete files, do not format.
- Remove the card from your computer or camera
- Call or Email me and get me the card ASAP
- Have a description of the images that I am looking for and the format they were shot in (jpg or RAW) and what camera they were taken with. A rough date may also help me.
- Leave the card with me and I will run the programs I have on the cards.
I cannot guarantee that you will get your images back but there is a good chance that you will.
For all your photography printing, framing, restorations as well as prints and enlargements. Paterson Photography, Lethbridge. Serving Lethbridge and area for over 36 years!!