Help with recovering your lost digital files
Lost digital files can be a nightmare that cause lack of sleep or even illness if they are your files. If they are a client’s files that went missing it can seem like life is OVER!!.
Before you panic relax and breath.
I can recover many lost files from a variety of cards.
Prices starting at $20 – costs depend on card size, total images recovered and how corrupt the files are.
Lost digital files – What can you do to help in recovering your files?
One thing that you can do LONG before you have a problem is practice good card hygiene. Download your files and format your card after each shoot or at least once a month. DON’T add other files or folders to your card. Don’t use your card to transport your files, download from your card and then load your files on a USB stick to take to friends or for printing. Finally get your images off your card as soon as you can.
If you do loose images…..
- When you notice that images are missing DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE CARD! Do not take more pictures, do not delete files, do not format.
- Remove the card from your computer or camera
- Call or Email me and get me the card ASAP
- Have a description of the images that I am looking for and the format they were shot in (jpg or RAW) and what camera they were taken with. A rough date may also help me.
- Leave the card with me and I will run the programs I have on the cards.
I cannot guarantee that you will get your images back but there is a good chance that you will.