I have been trying to get out camping all winter and nothing. Have gone out to take pictures of wildlife and again nothing. Was so happy the other day that I saw some wildlife appear, saw an eagle, some hawks, some waterfowl and yes some gophers.
It was a nice change from being locked in the house and trying to stay warm.
A few things that we should take note of if you are like me and look forward to the spring to start shooting again. This is a good time to check over your equipment and to do some test shooting to get yourself back in shape before the animals start showing up. A few things to check out……
- Go through all your camera settings or reset your camera and start from scratch if you don’t know what your settings should be
- Check to make sure that your lens settings are correct (Auto focus, Image stabilizer on – etc.)
- Check your tripod and adjust
- Clear off your memory card (Reformatting is the best)
- Clean your lenses
- Check for sensor dust
- Go through your camera bag and clean out
- If you have items that need batteries check or change
It is strange how many things we forget when we don’t shoot for a few days (or months 🙂 )