So you are trying to figure out if it is time for a new camera? What are some of the things to consider?
5 steps before you upgrade your camera
- First NEVER upgrade a before you need it! If you are heading on vacation or have a wedding coming up in the next week – it is not the time to upgrade.
- Second. If at all possible hang on to your old camera till you are comfortable with the new camera.
- Third, why are you upgrading? There are a lot of good reasons like more Megapixels, better dynamic range, better high ISO performance, etc. BUT many people don’t really know why they are doing it. Some even upgrade to a camera that is not much better than what they have now. Take some time to figure out what you want in a camera then compare it to what you have. A lot of times I stay with my old gear as the new gear is not a big improvement. Also I am more comfortable with my old gear so I may as well stick with it. If you are counting on getting a lot of money for your old gear think again. Selling old gear is not as easy as you would think. A lot of time whet you get are usually a lot less than what you would like to get.
- Fourth, shop around. There are seldom the amazing sales of years gone by. But sometimes you can get a good lens included in a package deal or a few dollars off!
- Fifth, Maybe look at a lens. A camera can make a huge difference in your photography. But many times a better lens will do more for your photography than a camera body.
So if you don’t upgrade
If you have the money now to upgrade and you decide not to put the money in the bank. The day may come when you have to buy a camera. It is nice to have that money already set aside!
Stay up-to-date with our weekly newsletter, sign-up below……