I had a great question the other day and thought that I would have to share it. I love when students ask questions as they make me think and can really challenge me.
The question was “How do I know when I am ready to shoot weddings for customers?”
Wow a great question and not an easy one as well. So here is what I came up with for the student. Over the next few weeks I am going to expand on each point.
So what are the points.
- You better have a good camera system and back-up gear
- You better know how to use your camera in many situations, not just in the easy ones
- You need to know how to pose a person / people and how to make them look natural
- You better be committed to the time required to shoot and edit
- You should have shot MANY pictures in situations similar to that which you are going to be shooting in AND have produced some great work
- You should be comfortable enough to handle the stress of the day, both on the photography end of things and the wedding end of things
So in the next few weeks stay tuned for me to expand on these points!