So as 2018 comes to an end I am planning or setting my goals for what I want to do for the next year. I have the same general plans / goals for each year…
- Improve my photography
- Keep my website & blog up to date
- Improve print quality and types of prints offered
- Add more courses and workshops
But those are general and if I did not have them then there would be a big problem as everyone or every business should have plans / goals like these that they work towards.
I am looking at specific plans or goals to work towards. I have heard many experts say we should have three types of plans / goals in our lives. The first are the BIG ones, or the dream plan. The second is the more achievable ones (medium goals) but still will require some work and the third is the easy ones (little goals). SO for the next year so far I have the following…..
- Drive to the Northwest Territories
- Drive to Ontario for the fall colors
- Go to Churchhill to photograph the polar bears
- Get out kayaking more
- Upgrade my 70D’s to the promised Canon 7D mark III
- Add a vacuum press to the printing department
- Head back to the coast for a whale watching trip
- Head to Jasper to photograph Caribou
- Add more premade frames to my selection
- Update some of my display prints in the studio
- Build a copy center for artwork and get polarizing filters for lights
- Market more of my nature / wildlife work
- Clean-up the backroom and the attic
- Clean up my camera gear, and organize
- Get out shooting more
- Organize the shooting room more
- Update my outside sign
- Switch out my main hard drive in the office
- Build more specialty frames
I know that these will change but I like having things to work towards. On last years list was a major rebuild of my website and I FINALLY got to it with two weeks remaining in the year, but it feels great to have that mostly done.
So what are your goals / plans for 2018?